Location & historical notes: North Carolina, Southeasterly from Elizabeth City in eastern Albermarle Sound at the west side of the Posquotank River entrance. Used as a guide for entering the river. The station was replaced with the Wades Point Lighthouse, which has since been replaced by the Posquotank River Entrance Light, 1.8 miles and 037 degrees from the former lightship station.
1826-1855: "M " (The only lightship to occupy this station)
Tonnage: 41; wood hull
Stations: 1826-1855: Wade Point Shoal (NC)
Back to Lightship Stations and the Ships that Served on them.
Copyright © 2004 United States Coast Guard Lightship Sailors Association
INC. All rights reserved.
Copyrights also protected by the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of