Vineyard Sound, 1847-1954
Location & historical notes: Massachusetts, the station marked the north side of the western entrance to Vineyard Sound and was located off the Sow and Pigs rocks, 2.3 miles and 219 degrees from the Cuttyhunk Lighthouse.
The station was often referred to as "Sow and Pigs."
1910-1915: LV-90 / WAL-514
1924-1944: LV-73 / WAL-503
1944-1947: LV-87 / WAL-512
1947-1954: LV-110 / WAL-532
To Lightship Stations and the Ships that served on them.
Copyright © 2003 United States Coast Guard Lightship Sailors Association
INC. All rights reserved.
Copyrights also protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of