Barnegat Lightship Station, 1927-1969
Location & historical notes: Off the New Jersey coast, 8 miles offshore east of Barnegat Inlet. The station was established to provide a leading mark for the point where a course change is required by north-south coastal traffic to and from New York.
1927-1942: LV-79 / WAL-506
1942-1945: marked by a buoy during World War II
1945-1967: LV-79 / WAL-506
1967-1969: LV-110 / WAL-532
Back to Station Histories Back to "All things Lightship
© 2008 USCG Lightship Sailors Association International Inc. Larry Ryan, President