Location & historical notes: Rhode Island, in upper Narragansett Bay off Hog Island Shoal at the junction of Narragansett Bay and Mount Hope Bay. The station was replaced by the Hog Island Shoal Lighthouse. A buoy marked this location as early as 1838 and remained there until replaced by a floating light at this approximate position, privately maintained by the Old Colony Steamboat Company during the period 1866-1885, at which time the U.S. Government established the lightship station.
1885-1901: LV-12 (ex-LV-22 )
Back to Lightship Stations and the Ships that Served on them.
Copyright © 2004 United States Coast Guard Lightship Sailors Association
INC. All rights reserved.
Copyrights also protected by the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of