Location & historical notes: Massachusetts, originally positioned off the northeast end of Tuckernuck Shoal in the approaches to Nantucket Harbor, then moved westward off Cross Rip Shoal. An important waypoint during transit of Nantucket Sound, being at the narrowest part of the channel flanked by Cross Rip Shoal to the south and Horseshoe Shoal to the north. Moored 7.4 miles and 077 degrees from Cape Poge Lighthouse on Martha's Vineyard.
The station was originally named Tuckernuck Shoal from 1828-1852, then moved and renamed Cross Rip.
? - 1923: LV-47
1937-1954: LV-96 / WAL-520
1954-1958: LV-110 / WAL-532
1958-1962: LV-118 / WAL-539
1962-1963: LV-102 / WAL-525
Fly Back to Lightship Stations and the Ships that Served on them.
Copyright © 2004 United States Coast Guard Lightship Sailors Association
INC. All rights reserved.
Copyrights also protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of