Location & historical notes: Oregon, off the Columbia River entrance, southwesterly from Cape Disappointment. Originally 4.4 miles and 232 degrees from Cape Disappointment Lighthouse but shortly thereafter moved three miles southwesterly. The station was a leading mark for making the approach to the main channel entrance. This was the first lightship station for the Pacific Coast, and the last of the west coast stations to be discontinued. The station was ultimately replaced by a lighted horn buoy "CR" (LNB), about 0.2 miles north of the former lightship station.
1899-1901: marked by a buoy
1909-1939: LV-88 / WAL-513
1939-1951: LV-93 / WAL-517
November 2004 WLV 604 Prepares for dry dock.
Back to Lightship Stations and the Ships that Served on them.
Copyright © 2004 United States Coast Guard Lightship Sailors Association
INC. All rights reserved.
Copyrights also protected by the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of