Calibogue Sound, 1855-1869
Location & historical notes: South Carolina, in the entrance to Calibouge Sound about 0.7 miles off the south end of Hilton Head Island and 2.6 miles and 204 degrees from the present Harbor Town Light. The station served as a guide for passing between Grenadier and Barrett Shoals. The station was replaced by the Daufuskie Island Range Lights which have since been discontinued.
1855-1869: "K " (The only lightship to occupy this station)
Lightship Stations and the Ships that Served on them.
Copyright © 2003 United States Coast Guard Lightship Sailors Association
INC. All rights reserved.
Copyrights also protected by the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of